5.29.2009

Josh Harris – Session 1 – Saturday

Christ’s Preeminence – My Notes:

Colossians 1:15-20

Preeminence – far surpass others, tower above them.

Jesus perfectly, represents God’s character. Jesus is supreme over all earthly powers. His preeminence is in the past, present, and future.

Are you living your life and shaping your life as if Jesus is preeminent?

  1. Come to Jesus
  2. Hear Jesus Words
  3. Put His Truth Into Practice

We often come to Jesus on our way to something else. The Christian faith is all about Jesus. Welcome to a Person who is God. Our confidence must be in Jesus and Jesus alone.

If you ignore the words of the Creator, you’re in trouble. Are we going to hear His words???

If you want to feel deeply, you need to think deeply.

Emotion and feeling need to be grounded on something unchanging, Jesus.

The foolish person didn’t, not hear the truth…he heard, but did not put them into practice. Christian doctrine is for living.

It’s not enough to have yourself in near proximity of the Rock. When Jesus is preeminent in your life, He pushes everything aside and demands first place.

Download SERMON HERE!

My Thoughts From the Sermon:

There was a lot going on in my head. It had been a good time of worship and I was simply enjoying the fact that I was at NEXT for the tenth year in a row. It had been a fantastic trip up. Riding in a bus was incredible! The Lord had tested me during check-in at the hotel (and I failed miserably) with some check-in problems…ggrrrrr. I had, had such a fun time in the bookstore before the session started and now hear I was, listening to Josh. What a great start to a great conference. What stuck out the most to me was the simple fact that Jesus Christ is supreme over ALL. He is before, more important than, in complete control of ALL THINGS. Josh asked if I/we lived our lives and shaped our lives as if Jesus was preeminent? I started thinking about times I’m anxious. Times when I want to know my future and God doesn’t choose to let me in on the secret. Times when things don’t go the way I had planned. Times when I need to obey, but really don’t want to. What am I focused on in those times…myself or my Saviors supreme control? If His preeminence is foremost in my mind, I obey joyfully…I go with the flow, no matter my plans…I trust Him, knowing He has my future completely mapped out…I choose to trust rather than fear, I know He is in control. If Christ is preeminent in my soul and in my life; I do not fear, I am more Christ-like, I am more joyful. That’s something to chew on!

Pics from Saturday:

No comments: