3.27.2009

So Grateful…

God has given me many wonderful gifts. One of the ones that I’m most grateful for is my sister, Katie. Katie is 8 years younger than me, but one of my best friends. She is an incredible listener and a gracious preacher of the truth. Have you ever had one of those days where everything is discouraging? Today was one of those days for me. Not really any reason in particular, just a long week and everything seemed to assail my soul all at once. I was trying to be objective, trying to preach truth to my soul, but all I wanted to do was cry. Katie came into my room/office to ask me a question. She noticed the tears in my eyes and asked what was wrong. After I finished :), she pointed me to the cross and reminded me of the truth I needed to hear. Then she asked me if I’d like some coffee (she knows me too well!). She came in a few minutes later carrying my favorite coffee cup (which says, “Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting”) and strawberries and whipped cream…

P3270002

My sister is simply amazing!!! I don’t deserve such a great sis, but I am SO grateful to God for her!!!!!!!

No comments: