1.24.2009

Faithful To All His Promises Pt. 4

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. James 1:2-3

For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. Hebrews 10:36

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. 1 Peter 4:16

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:17:18

The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 2 Timothy 4:18

The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 121:7-8

Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—the Most High, who is my refuge —no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. Psalm 91:9-10

…He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints. Proverbs 2:7-8

In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one… Ephesians 6:16

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace. In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me. Psalm 86:5-7

Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O Lord. Psalm 34:6

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Psalm 34:7-8

‘If disaster comes upon us, the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we will stand before this house and before you—for your name is in this house—and cry out to you in our affliction, and you will hear and save.’ 2 Chronicles 20:9

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. Psalm 42:11

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name. For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:4-5

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness. Psalm 30:11

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

For the Lord will not forsake his people; he will not abandon his heritage. Psalm 94:14

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

“For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

…I am watching over my word to perform it. Jeremiah 1:12b

… I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it. Isaiah 46:11b

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

…I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it. Isaiah 46:9b-11

The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand… Isaiah 14:24

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. John 14:2-3

But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 2 Peter 3:13

Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death. John 8:51

Why so many verses? Read my first post HERE.

No comments: