1.04.2009

Delights in Steadfast Love

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. - Micah 7:18

I thought this was so powerful. I love Scriptures like this! God is so amazing...He knows us so well. He says four times in one sentence that we're forgiven. Four times, four different ways. I need to hear that! I need to be reminded that I'm completely forgiven. I often like to smuggle my own righteousness into the righteousness He has clothed me with. Verses like this remind me that nothing is needed. Nothing. Nothing can pardon my sin, nothing except for His blood. His anger is not retained! He DELIGHTS in STEADFAST love. He doesn't just love. His love is steadfast, never moving, never changing. He doesn't just love because He made a promise and now He has to keep it. He DELIGHTS in loving me! How's that for a mind-boggling truth!

No comments: