9.30.2008

Fear the Lord

"...the person who fears God fears nothing else...If you have ever walked among the giant redwoods, you will never be overwhelmed by the size of a dogwood tree. Or if you have been through a hurricane, a spring rain is nothing to fear. If you have been in the presence of the almighty God, everything that once controlled you suddenly had less power." 
- Ed WelchWhen People are Big & God is Small

Isaiah 41:9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, “You are my servant,
I have chosen you and not cast you off”;
10 fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just sitting here thinking how God reveals Himself through hurricanes. its a little different than the rain storm we had last night. its a little more powerful.

prayin for ya. love ya. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

J.B. Tharp said...

Was very encouraged by that quote Jess. How freeing that would be to live with such a God-awareness all the time! :) Hope you and your fam are well. Miss you guys. Later!

Anonymous said...

god puts things in perspective. i hope that i will learn to fear him more!-anna m.