7.12.2008

Faithful Creator

Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good. 1 Peter 4:19

"Do you bite, do you stand around moping, are you shocked, or do you rejoice...what kind of sufferer are you?" -Jim Britt

While I don't feel like I'm going through any suffering right now, this question still struck a cord. How do I handle suffering? When it comes, how do I respond? Do I become angry and bitter? Do I withdraw into self-pity? Or do I joyfully entrust myself to a faithful Creator?If I'm suffering because it's God's will, can't I trust Him to take care of me? So often I'm surprised with suffering, not knowing what to do or how to handle it. But, Peter a couple verses before says not to be surprised. You're a follower of the Suffering Servant, what do you expect? Instead of cowering, shouldn't I stand and rejoice? My loving Savior will sustain me through whatever He ordains as right...

No comments: