8.04.2009

Cords of Kindness

Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk; I took them up by their arms, but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love,
and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them. Hosea 11:3-4

One of my favorite phrases in Scripture is, steadfast love. This phrase is used much in the Psalms. Steadfast means:

1 a: firmly fixed in place : immovable b: not subject to change <the steadfast doctrine of original sin — Ellen Glasgow>

I love this descriptor of God’s love. It is a love that is firmly fixed in place. It is immovable. It is not subject to change. It is a lavish love that, for the Christian, never ends. Nothing cheers the soul more than the knowledge that the Creator of the universe loves me steadfastly. Trials may come, but He leads me with cords of kindness and bands of love. Often we may not understand why we are where we are. But, “the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness”. Oh the joy and peace in knowing that my Savior leads me with steadfast love!

No comments: