Vacation Update

I’m confident that the millions of faithful followers of my blog have been waiting for me to post about my vacation. Well, maybe one person out of the 20, that’s probably closer to the mark. :) So, for that one person who is curious, here’s what we did.

We arrived in Durham around 10pm on Thursday evening. We had a great road trip and no one got in a wreck or killed. Great way to start a vacation. Christa C. and I shared a room (which we decided was a big mistake). Christa and I stayed up to 1am talking. No surprise! We woke up somewhat early (for vacation that is) on Friday and drove 2 1/2 hours (making a Starbucks stop!!!) to Wrightsville Beach. We drove around for about 30 minutes in search of a parking space. There were none to be found. So, Emily and I dropped Christa, Christa, and Wendy off at the beach (with our lunch, towels, boogie boards, and sand toys). We drove back over the bridge and found a very kind soul who let us park in his grass (no meters…woohoo!). Then Emily and I walked back over the bridge and to the beach. I don’t know how long the walk was, but it was a couple miles and that’s not a good thing to do in new flip flops. I gave myself very bad blisters. An hour and a half after we dropped the girls off, Emily and I arrived. We ate lunch and then the fun began. We spent most of the time in the water. I forgot how much fun waves are (I lived on the Gulf Coast most of my life). Around 6pm we had dinner at a nice seafood restaurant. Since I loathe seafood, I got a steak. It was yummy. After stopping at target for aloe (everyone was burnt, except for me!) and bandaids, we drove home. We decided to stop and get a snack and ice cream. Emily, Christa, and I went into the only grocery store that was open…and yes, it was very ghetto. We arrived back at Christa’s grandma’s house at around 10:30pm. We made pizzas, ate ice cream, took showers, and watched a movie. The next morning we woke up late. We had lunch at the mall, did a little shopping, and went to a movie. It was a slow day. No one was feeling that great. All four girls had bad sunburns, Emily had a migraine, and I had food poisoning (and was hobbling around with sore feet). Then we went to Duke gardens. It was beautiful!!!! I repressed the very strong urge to yell “Go Tigers!!!” at the top of my lungs. I wouldn’t want to add salt to an already sore wound. :) After the gardens we went to Whole Foods and then came home and watched fireworks on TV. I went to bed early. We went to the Sovereign Grace Church in Apex. It was so much fun. I got to see some old friends and the sermon was amazing!!!! We went out to lunch, packed, and left. Christa, Wendy, Emily (also known now as Ed), and myself got home around 8:30pm. It was a very relaxing and fun vacation!

No comments: