5.19.2009

I Live By Faith

Galatians 2:19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


Ever have a passage that you're read a million times come alive? Last night I was talking to Katie about fighting against sin and trusting God to change you. That change isn't about works and performance, but glorifying God. That steady obedience that slowly moves us forward. Then, this morning I read this passage. How appropriate. The law has been fulfilled. Jesus fulfilled every single command and satisfied all of God's requirements. I stand before God clean and completely forgiven. Now as a child of God I try to be like my Father. I try to obey and please Him. But, not to attain His favor (I already have that!). I am so grateful for His forgiveness that I want to be like Him. I want to do the things He asks of me. But, try as I might, I cannot do anything to please Him. I don not have the ability to be like Him. Because of His death, I have died to sin. I now live with Him, He lives in me. He gives me the power to change. It is because of His grace that I do anything right. I walk by faith. I live by faith. Faith in an Ever Faithful Savior. Oh, the glorious truths of the gospel!!!

No comments: