2.11.2009

Our Wants Qualify Us For Christ

The Great Master Gardener, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, in a wonderful providence, with his own hand, planted me here, where by his grace in this part of his vineyard, I grow; and here I will abide till the great Master of the vineyard think fit to transplant me.

O, what owe I to the file, to the hammer, to the furnace of my Lord Jesus!

My shallow and ebb thoughts are not the compass Christ saileth by. I leave his ways to himself, for they are far, far above me…There are windings and to’s and fro’s in his ways, which blind bodies like us cannot see.

Let him make anything out of me, so being he be glorified in my salvation: for I know I am made for him.

I find that our wants qualify us for Christ.

Neither need we fear crosses, or sigh, or be sad for anything that is on this side of heaven, if we have Christ.

- Samuel Rutherford, The Loveliness of Christ

No comments: