2.13.2009

Love Is The Result

Where God is the focus, love is the result. –Jim Britt

God has to be the focus. Not my own reputation, comfort, or my own solutions. I cannot love others, if I do not first love God. If I love God, than I will be enamored with Him. And if I am enamored with Him, then I will want to pour the love I have received onto those He loves.

Indeed I love my fellow-Christians not simply because of the gospel, but I love them best when I am loving them with the gospel. –Milton Vincent

I guess the real question is, who do I love the most? Christ or myself. I cannot love others if I do not love Christ. And I cannot, not love others if I am entranced with my Savior. It’s an interesting thought. How do I love others more? How do I change from selfishness to selfless love? By loving Christ more than anything. It’s not about actions and checklists to change (though they are important). The goal as a Christina is to love Christ more. When my soul is full of Christ, it will naturally turn to loving His people (actions & checklists). Nothing else is possible for a redeemed soul.

Where God is the focus, love is the result.

No comments: