11.11.2008

God Moves

I find that if I do not constantly focus on Scripture and biblical truth, suffering can leave me feeling without hope. Over the past couple months, God has seen fit to introduce physical suffering in my life. The lessons I have learned are invaluable. Even though I pray for Him to heal my allergies and take away my food intolerances, I would not trade this season for the world. He is so good and faithful! He has a plan that I cannot see. Scripture is more dear to me know than it ever has been. It's my anchor when my feelings say otherwise. My Savior holds me. This truth has been so evident throughout the past couple of months. Suffering (which mine is rather puny compared to many people's trials...) isn't much fun, but it's the "gym" God uses to make me more like Him. It's the training ground to be used by Him later. It's the classroom, a time to learn of His love, care, and faithfulness. Are you discouraged today? Are you experiencing trials? I hope these Scriptures and song encourage your soul. Remember no matter the circumstances, if you are a Christian, you are upheld in your Savior's arms!

Dan. 4:35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”
Isa. 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,and I will accomplish all my purpose,’...
Lam. 3:37-38 Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and bad come?
Prov. 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Prov. 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.
Psalm 143:8 Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 25:10 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.
Psalm 8:3-4 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?
Psalm 9:9-12 The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Sing praises to the Lord, who sits enthroned in Zion! Tell among the peoples his deeds! For he who avenges blood is mindful of them; he does not forget the cry of the afflicted

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never failing skill
He treasures up His bright designs
And works His sovereign will.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.

By William Cowper, 1774.

But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand... Psalm 31:14-15b

No comments: