8.28.2008

Revive Me!

"My soul cleaves to the dust; revive me according  to Your Word." Psalm 119:25

"Revive me, Lord--quicken Your work in my soul, and strengthen that which You have wrought in me. The love which congeals, the faith which trembles, the hope which fluctuates, the joy which droops--inspire with new life, new energy, new power! It is of little importance what others think of me; Lord, You know that my soul cleaves to the dust. There is in my heart more of earth than of heaven; more of self than of Christ; more of the creature than of God. You know me in secret--how my grace wanes, how my affections chill, how seldom my closet is visited, how much my Bible is neglected, how insipid to my taste are the means of grace, and how irksome and vapid are all spiritual duties and privileges. Lord, stir up Yourself to the revivifying of my soul; quicken, oh, revive me!"

Octavius Winslow

No comments: