7.03.2008

Boldness

Boldness is critical. Without boldness, my life story will be one of great deeds left undone, victories left unwon, petitions left unprayed, and timely words unsaid. If I wish to live only a pathetically small portion of the life God has prepared for me, then I need no boldness. But if I want my life to bloom full and loom large for the glory of God, then I must have boldness – and nothing so nourishes boldness in me like the gospel!...Also, the more I comprehend what God has done for me through Christ, the more I find myself confidently coming before God in prayer, speaking to Him in situations in which I formerly would have shrunk from Him, and offering requests that I formerly would have been too timid to offer (due either to the largeness of the request or my own sinful unworthiness). With greater boldness in prayer comes an increased enjoyment of God and the bounty that He gives, due simply to the fact that I was daring enough to ask for what was needed….This is my manifesto, my daily resolve; and may God be glorified by this confidence that I place in Him.

-Milton Vincent, A Gospel Primer for Christians

No comments: